- Wake up circa 7 am, put on music, sing in the shower. Wonder if my neighbors hear me and consequently hate me for it.
- Actually I don't care at all. No one is friendly here and I'm still harboring resentment against the entire building because of that one person who STOLE my book.
- Song choice:
- Man at the bus-stop tries to talk to me. I wish I wasn't such an asshole, but seriously, stop, thanks.
- Get to work and eat breakfast. I finally figured out a way to peel a hard-boiled egg that doesn't take 15 minutes. I consider this a victory.
- Sit in my office for a while and do work-related things but definitely also spend a lot of time on Twitter.
- One of my programs isn't working but I don't understand why. I try to explain this to my IT person but he's never even heard of this program because literally no one here knows what I do.
- Become visibly overwhelmed because I don't like talking about computers with IT people because I don't know how they work. I swear I am only 28.
- IT man reassures me, "Don't worry. You are a really smart person."
- The program is magically fixed. I go back on Twitter.
- Take a quick break and go to the gym. All the towels are "in the dryer". All the towels are always in the dryer.
- There is no hot water in the locker room, yet again. I huddle in the corner of the shower and stick one body part into the water at a time.
- The appeal of my free gym is fading rapidly.
- My colleague and I decide to take our afternoon meeting out of the office to a cafe. I decide that all meetings should be held at cafes from here on out.
- The fire alarm goes off and we are required to evacuate. I decide that all meetings should abruptly end like this as well.
- It's 5 pm! I more or less run out of my office.
- There is a man on my bus who looks like a husky version of Jon Snow. I begin hyperventilating.
- WHO ARE YOU ? I LOVE YOU. CALL ME.
- He gets off the bus. I am already over it.
- I did a terrible job grocery shopping this week and have nothing at home to make for dinner. I go to CVS and buy overpriced tortilla chips, guacamole, and kit-kats. Only god can judge me.
- I also really want wine, but it's like Noah's Ark outside right now, so I can't bring myself to go to the liquor store TWO blocks from my apartment.
- There is one lone beer in my fridge. This will do.
- My nightly 1-3 hours of snacking period commences.
- I break shortly to take selfies with my cat.
- Fuck! I missed Jeopardy! because of Thursday Night Football. Thursday Night Football is dumb. It's bad for everyone. It's bad for the world.
- Start reading Gone Girl. Amy describes what it is like to be 32 and single. I think to myself, FML.
- That's it. Time for bed. ✌️
Friday, October 24, 2014
A Day in the Life
This is a thing bloggers do, so I'm doing it. Here is a day in the life of Katie Que, specifically, Thursday, October 23, 2014: